The Caterer is the leading multimedia brand for the UK hospitality industry, covering restaurants, hotels, foodservice and pubs & bars.
Since 1878, The Caterer has inspired, connected and united the hospitality industry, and provides suppliers with a platform to showcase their most innovative products and services.
Its mission is to empower the leaders of today and aspiring leaders of tomorrow with tools, skills and networks to enable them to make better decisions to grow their businesses and careers.
- To sub-edit, layout and upload copy for The Caterer group’s online and print publications.
- To ensure accuracy, quality and relevance in editorial output across the magazines, websites and other digital platforms.
- To produce finished pages for the magazines and websites in the correct format and to the agreed deadlines.
- Digital production tasks including daily, weekly and fortnightly e-newsletter (including basic HTML coding)
- Social media scheduling in Hootsuite
- The sub-editor will report to the production editor and will support all aspects of producing editorial in print, online and digital formats.
- The sub-editor will be flexible in the products that they work on and proactive in completing production tasks across all areas of the portfolio.
- Copy will be processed in accordance with The Caterer standard editorial workflow.
- Layout pages in InDesign following the established style of the magazines, source images and complete Photoshop tasks such as ensuring CMYK settings and print-quality resolution on images.
- Write headlines, standfirsts and create relevant links to other stories in the magazine and online. All headlines etc should be written to maximise value to the core readership.
- Edit stories in line with the prescribed style, maximising their value and relevance to the readership. Flag-up quality and accuracy issues to the production editor and content producers.
- Proof read pages for print and web to prevent the publication of factual or grammatical errors. This task will involve checking facts with journalists and from other sources as necessary. Particular attention will be given to preventing legal liability.
- Edit and publish news stories online and source required imagery.
- Publish magazine content to website, adhering to the content schedule and resizing images for online/social media
- Follow SEO best practice to populate web pages with relevant keywords and links to both The Caterer group content and external information sources. Ensure headlines are written to maximise their visibility to search engines and attract hits via RSS feeds and social media.
- Tag stories to the appropriate channels and topics and upload copy to the websites.
- Edit, upload and maintain content such as picture galleries, landing pages, blog posts, videos and podcasts as they are added to The Caterer’s content offering.
- The sub-editor will be proactive in developing new skills and supporting the goals of the business.
- Maintaining of Social Media
The person we need:
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Enthusiastic and dynamic
Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
Very good level of understanding of
- Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver) GraphCMS
- Google Analytics
Business savvy and able to work in a fast-paced client facing environment
Flexible and proactive with the ability to react quickly when the need arises.
Why Join us?:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday
- Pension scheme contribution
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Professional training allowance & mentor programme
- Annual Angel Day
- Mix of office & remote working